4.14.2005

Contest

Announcing the first (and likely last) annual Fats Durstonia CD contest.

If any readers would like to participate in this masochistic project, the idea is this:
Compile a CD-length playlist* of seriously annoying songs. The only rule is one song per credited artist (a Chicago song plus a Peter Cetera song would be acceptable, for instance). This is to keep wiseacres from listing a Kenny Loggins album. Use whatever definition of annoying you wish.

At some future date (if there are any takers), all participants will reveal their lists, and we may work out some mail or ftp'ing exchange, if such cruelty seems warranted. Annoying prizes to be determined later; unfortunately, I lost my Sha-Na-Na CD in one of our moves.

Now, on to the challenge of narrowing down to a single Sir Paul McCartney selection...

*You will realize if you've been reading this blog that I have a little bit of a head start.

2 Comments:

Blogger MarxistGopher said...

I think a more interesting masochistic project would be to have people submit a CD of their 'favorite' music, then determine who has the worst taste in music and expose them to collective ridicule for all eternity.

That's just me though. You're way is good too.

4:08 PM  
Blogger fats durston said...

Rush! Talk about yer ridicule. (Okay, okay, I have all of their albums from the 70s, and Moving Pictures, but I traded my live albums to a guy if I could borrow his car once for a date. With the exception of Fly By Night, which I own on record and tape, they're all gathering dust.)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home